Designed by Josef Daniel Stenbäck, the church was inaugurated in Advent in 1898. The Neo-Gothic church with its towers is an unusual building in the Kotka cityscape.
Beautiful painted and rose windows, ornamental pillars and skilful wood carvings create an impressive decor.
The altar piece, Tietäjien kumarrus (The Wise Men's Bow), is painted by Pekka Halonen.
Completed for the church centenary, the baroque organs emulate the famous baroque organs of the Freiberg Cathedral.
Kotka Church is a roadside church www.taivaallinentaukopaikka.fi/
Lunchtime music concerts during July-August on Wed at 12 pm.
In November, traditional Organ Music Week is organized in Kotka Church.
Download church brochure here (scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Englanninkielinen esite (pdf))