Karhula Aviation Club got the idea of conserving old gliders and, thus, the only flight museum in Kymenlaakso was created. Part of the old planes can still be flown and manoeuvred on an airstrip. The exhibition includes 17 planes. The special mission of the museum is to uphold the heritage of Fighter Squadron 34, which operated in Kymi during the war in 1943–44. The Kymi airfield was taken into use in August 1943.
Address: Lentokentäntie 234, Kymi, Kotka