Applying for a residence permit
1. Fill in your residence permit application online. Choose the correct application form on the basis of your reason for arriving in Finland (for example work, studies or a family member in Finland). Make sure you attach all the required documents.
2. Go to a Finnish embassy abroad or to a police service point in Finland.
3. Your application is placed in a queue.
4. Wait. Your application is processed. Here you can follow the processing times.
If you submitted your application electronically, you can follow its progress in the e-service.
· Residence permit for an employed person and a self-employed person
· Family member´s residence permit
· Residence permit for Finland, other than EU/EEA citizens
Applying for citizenship
If your identity has been established reliably and you meet the other requirements for naturalisation, you may acquire Finnish citizenship by application. These pages provide more information on the requirements for acquiring citizenship and on the application process.