Mäkelänkangas is a brownfield site located in the industrial area in Hamina – only two kilometers from Google Data Center. The infrastructure is ready for new Data Center. There is an existing industrial building already at the site – this can be utilized right away. There are no needs for zoning changes if the operator wants to expand the Data Center and build more in the area.
Air cooling does not need any environmental permits, the water cooling is also used in the area so permitting is a very quick process. The superfast data- and reliable energy connections are next to the site, the start can be very flexible and rapid.
- Located in Mäkelänkankaantie 195, Hamina, Finland
- Owned by private owner
- Site area is 13 hectares
- The existing building has a floor area of 10,500 m2, height 6 m.
- Total buildable area is 52 000 m2.
- Zoned for industrial plot, well-suited for enlargement without zoning changes
- Current power connection 1.7 MW / 400 V.
- All possible renewable energy sources within the Nordics (Nordpool) available.
- Cinia, Elisa, TeliaSonera, DNA Oy, FNE-Finland have fiber connections already next to the site
- Major international airport: 139 km (< 1,5 h / Helsinki international Airport)
- Connections: International harbor, central bus station in close range ( ~10 km), local bus routes near by
- Nearest community center: 10 km (city center of Hamina)