Kotka-Hamina region is well known for its ultra-reliable energy network and very competitive energy prices. Next to Korkeakoski DC Site there is a Kotkan Energia Ltd’s power plant – the potential DC operator is able to lower the energy cost significantly by providing the extra heat to the central heating network of Kotka. This is a truly a Green IT site.
Korkeakoski Site is in the industrial area, the start of the operation can be very quick. There is an 11 hectare area reserved for the Data Center and it can be expanded depending on the needs of the potential operator. The existing buildings next to the site can be utilized also if needed.
- Located in Hyötytie 60, 48600, Kotka, Finland
- Owned by City of Kotka & Ahlström Oy
- Site area is 11 hectares and expandable to industrial site in the south
- Ready for construction
- Available load to the site is already 20 MW, can be increased to + 200 MW
- Renewable energy sources within the Nordics (Nordpool) available.
- Bioenergy plant and hydropower plant next to the site, another hydropower station and 7 wind power mills in close range.
- Cinia, Elisa, TeliaSonera, DNA Oy, TDC , FNE-Finland have fiber connections already next to the site
- Major international airport: Helsinki airport 129 kilometers, 1 hour 15 minutes by car
- Connections: International harbor, train stations and central bus station in close range (10 km)
- Nearest community center: 2 km